Thread: border dilemma
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 07:08 AM
toogie

Default border dilemma

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617211[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]617212[/ATTACH]Hello quilters, I don't know what this needs, if anything. I have 4 of these panels to make before Christmas and didn't want to make them all alike. I was happy with the first one but was a lot of work. I found this camo fabric at a really great price and thought this would make a quick quilt. Some will be throw size, but not less than 60 x 80 (SIL is 6'4") and others, queen size. As is, this is 72x80. -If I make it into a queen, I can either add a border to existing top, or trim down the camo (I hate to waste it tho) and then add a border. (I thought about a delectable mountain border if I use one to make top larger, but then how do you corner that?)OR leave as is for a throw and quilt it. I am just not too happy with it because to me it's so plain. Well plain, may not be the word bc it is busy with the camo. I guess because this was so simple, or bc it's camo, it doesn't thrill me. What do you think about it? I will consider all opinions because like I said, I still have more to make. Also, I usually back with a vine print khaki or tan color, but I usually have this color in the top. This one doesn't have it, though, so would it still be ok for backing? I usually can make up my mind but I want to finish this to move on and right now I just need someone else to look and advise. Thank you for any thoughts you have.-Toogie
Attached Thumbnails img_2518-qb-web.jpg   img_2519-qb-web.jpg  

Last edited by toogie; 09-09-2019 at 07:10 AM. Reason: forgot to add photo