Thread: Instant pot?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 07:36 AM
osewme

We just recently bought one after DH heard about them & did some research on them. We bought a 6 qt. and the 8 qt. We keep the 6 qt. on the counter & only bring out the 8 qt. when we need more volume. Even though we are only 2 people, we wanted the larger one to make baby back ribs & tamales in. DH generally cooks up 2 or 3 racks of ribs at a time & then I put them in food saver bags & freeze. It takes us about 6 months to eat them up. I just learned how to make homemade tamales about 3 months ago & our steamer that we used for them just was not the right size & it took them "forever" to cook.

We bought the Instant Pot brand & really like it.

So far we have made the ribs, tamales, pulled pork (pork butt roast), russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, green beans, dried pinto beans & soup. The soup was the only thing that wasn't so great but it was because DH just added stuff he thought would be good & he's not the greatest when it comes to making up his own recipe.

I'm going to try boiling eggs this week. I hear they turn out so easy to peel in the IP.

I really like the fact that it doesn't heat up the kitchen like the crockpot does. The only down size is that you don't smell those yummy smells while it's cooking.

From everything I've read about them, there are people who love them & people who don't. Seems like there are more people who love them.