View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 01:47 PM
grann of 6

I got a wonderful thank you card from DGD today, thanking me for the quilt. She said the colors are exactly what she would have picked if I had asked her to choose fabrics. So that makes it all worthwhile. So I guess even though I don't hear it often (or at all) my grandchildren appreciate what I do and have done for them. You can only hope what you do when they are little sticks with them when they grow up.

Joe's Mom, sometimes we have to make quilts for people in colors we don't care for, or aren't crazy about the combinations, so just have to go with the flow and enjoy the process, and hope they will appreciate it in the end. I once did a quilt for a bride and groom, her favorite color being lime green, he wanted purple and black, and somewhere they wanted dogs incorporated in it. I made a Jenny Doan binding tool star in purples and greens with a black background. Oh, and they wanted a flannel back. So I was able to find an adorable dog print on a lime green background with purples in the dogs collars. I must say it really turned out nice, and they were thrilled, so that is what mattered.

I have been pondering what I was going to do with all my charm squares and jelly roll strips I have cut. I decided to put some of them in a box and send them to my friend who can't afford to buy precuts. I have plenty more I will send to her later. Shipping is so expensive anymore that I have to do a little at a time. I still have a lot of JR collections and layer cakes to use up, so I sure don't need to spend time using scraps when I can use some of the yardage stash and precuts that go with it.