View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 06:43 PM
renee765

Reading this thread has been hysterical! My husband and I had been married for 35 years when I lost him, but we spent most of those years sleeping in different levels of the house. His snoring always made me think of a cartoon where the doors and windows are blowing in and out while somebody snores. We always thought it was 'more romantic' to sneak to each other's beds after the kids were asleep.

Several years ago, we went on a wonderful cruise. I had to take earplugs, plus put those big earphones on with classical music playing over and over all night. Even then I could hear the snore, but at least I could sleep. Unfortunately, some other people on the boat couldn't. We were on the deck and overheard a conversation between two couples and one was saying that they haven't been able to sleep the whole cruise because somebody in the next cabin was snoring so loud. The other person asked what cabin they were in, and yup, it was right next to ours. We slinked away and were able to never meet them in hallway coming or going to the room.