View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Oh you've never lived til you have been woken up by your husband beating the bed at 2 am because he thinks there are mice in the bed!! LOL My DH has a brain injury which causes dilusions. Thankfully we haven't "had any mice in the bed" in a long time now!! LOL He also just got a new cpap machine which has helped him sleep so much better. He still dreams and thinks the dreams are real but no mice lately!! He had a cpap for about 3 yrs but due to a sinus problem he turned it back in. This time they gave him a larger mask which is working well so far.
We are in the same bed but we each have our own covers as he jerks in his sleep due to seizures and I can't handle him moving so much. With my own blankets it doesn't bother me as much. I refuse to sleep in sep beds. The only time I sleep on the couch is if I have trouble breathing and have to prop myself up to sleep--I get bronchitis from time to time.

Sometimes Glen can't sleep due to pain in his legs or chest and he will go out in the living room and sit and sleep in his wheelchair.

When he worked at Goodyear Tire plant he worked shifts that rotated. So it would be hard to sleep when he worked the 11pm to 7am shift. A lot of the time he was sleeping during the day on two of the shifts. Midnights and the 3 to 11 shift. We have always kept our bedroom totally dark during the day because of this. We still keep it dark.