Old 09-26-2019, 03:14 AM
ssorrow

I went to the Janome dealer yesterday to look at their Memory Craft 15K. I knew I couldn't make a decision until I had tried that machine. The MSRP on this machine was $1299.00 but it was a floor model and the price was 7999.00. I really liked the machine so what happened next was discouraging. I'm not sure what the problem was but the lady demonstrating it had broken thread while sewing the embroidery, a broken needle, and there were small gaps in the embroidery sample (it did have stabilizer on the sample). I asked if there was a way to changed my Bernina-format embroidery designs to a file this machine would be able to use and she said she didn't know of any. I've spent a lot of money on designs that are the Bernina format and I hate to lose those.

On the way home I stopped at the local Bernina dealer. Until the end of September, I can trade in my broken Artista 730 and get the new Bernina 790 for 9375.00 or the Bernina 700 embroidery-only machine for 4500.00. I would also have to trade in all of the feet and accessories that came with the Artista. If I weren't so gun-shy about another Bernina, this would be an easy decision. I am planning to go look at the Babylock and Brother today but the price on both of those will be higher than the Bernina because of the 25% off MSRP deal. My head hurts!!