View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 04:40 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
Thank you for the help on how to freeze, was wondering if you did not cook it to the done stage to freeze.
I have had them rot in my basement so am wanting another option. Found a low carb recipe in a book I want to try with the squash as the base.
I baked a medium sized one just cut in half but next time I will cut it again, it was very wet. Hoping to have the 4 pieces baked but not so wet to freeze.
since there are so many different opinions and resolutions, I think I'd do some testing. It doesn't take very much time to freeze one. Try it different ways. I know that you can buy zucchini frozen and when thawed it has texture to it. I've not tried squash. Have you google it to see if anyone has a tried and true method. I have saw it in the stores frozen but haven't bought it so I don't know. I do know that when I roast butternut squash, I cut it in half and bake it upside down, all the moisture drains out. You could also bake it on a rack. I think storing it would be great if you had the right atmosphere in the area, right temp, moisture, etc. good luck on your search.