View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 07:47 AM
Quilter 53

I've been working on a quilt with just the slightest idea of who it is going to go to. Grandson has his first serious girlfriend, even brought her to Alaska to meet the family, big step. So I picked a pattern that I thought would be appropriate for a wedding quilt. Talk about jumping the gun! He hasn't even asked her yet! But because I want it to be special, I find I am taking more time in piecing it together, trying to be more precise than if I had a deadline and needed to get it finished. And I am enjoying it more. No pressure but what I put on myself. If a point isn't exact, I don't mind ripping it out and doing it over again. I'm even plotting out some creative touches to incorporate into it, not my specialty. LOL
I only have 2 UFO's and both are meant to be for me, but I find I don't want to work on them. One of these days I'll have to get them out of my space, but not yet. I find I really like having a person in mind when I quilt. I spend most of the time thinking of them while I am working on it. It makes it as special for me as I hope it does to the recipient.