View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 04:12 AM
Iceblossom

If I had a budget where I could fit in a machine and the space for one, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I would have done it before I had actually worked on a long arm and I would do it now! In my lottery dreams I have a Statler professional model named Elvira...

If the financials aren't too horrible and you know you want to quilt, why not? I started quilting when I was a senior in high school, 40 years ago, not from a quilting family. I've never been quite sure if I "quilt, therefore I am" or "I am, therefore I quilt".

I recommend strongly getting the computer driven options. Roll over everything you can into the purchase, make sure to get a stitch regulator and all that. Everything is more expensive if you buy it in pieces.

Two final financial comments -- you can get a lot of quilts quilted very nicely for 20k! In my area, everything is expensive and it would be about $350-500 per quilt for me to get what I want. Other areas are more around $100, at least for basics.

Home systems, like new cars, lose a lot of value immediately. It is extremely doubtful that you would be able to sell it yourself for anything close to what you pay, because of a number of factors, including service contracts.