Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Phyl

People "move on" in different ways....
Make a quilt for yourself and don't let your daughter see it during your quilting time. She may think you are too sentimental by keeping his clothing...So many people try to HELP others but don't really speak their thoughts. Misconceptions seem to be what life is all about. Keep it personally for you to celebrate your loving relationship with your husband.
In any case, I saw a beautiful quilt made up of nine inch squares and each square contained the shirt pocket of a man's shirt. In the squares and on the sashing, the buttons from the shirts "floated" around. Since the shirts were all light colors and the sashing was light, it was a very gentle looking quilt. The quilt was actually for the quilter's mother's 80th birthday so the quilter made little muslin "hankies" for each pocket and friends and family wrote birhtday wishes on them! It was so lovely. The back was heavy muslin so people could write on that as well
( with special pens of course.) My daughter's police partner died last year, 31 years old, and I will be making a quilt for his mother using his shirts. It is a lovely way to hold on to the beauty of someone.