View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 05:05 AM
Snooze2978

My 1st serger was an Elna. Loved that you could flip the needles up to thread them but the rest of the machine was a pain to thread so once I got it threaded for say a 4-thread I left it that way. When I needed to change thread color I'd just tie the 2 ends together and pull the threads thru the machine excluding the needle thread. Well, since I never could figureout the cover stitch threading I bought Babylock's Evolve as it air threaded itself but the needles were a pain to thread as I had to bend down to see the little holes. Again, when I went to change thread color, I'd tie the ends and pull the threads thru the machine just because it was easier. I'd leave my Elna threaded for the 4-thread and the Babylock threaded for the cover stitch. Easy Peasy!!! Since I didn't use my sergers that much I decided to downsize and get rid of the Elna and keep the Babylock. Its so much easier to thread using the air threading method. Can't remember the price I paid all those years ago but I think it might have been over $2G but its still going strong and has never seen the inside of a repair shop. Of course now that I've said that it will mess up for me. The fast method threading sheet I keep near the machine at all times so I don't have to go searching for it to see how to thread it. I still love the machine.