Old 11-25-2019, 01:41 PM
zozee

How close do you live to her mom's house that she's cleaning out? I know what I value--and that is help. Help that is helpful, organized, willing to sweat, willing to listen to me reminisce but not get totally sidetracked, someone who can help get me over the hurdle of indecision when those hurdles arise. If you qualify as such a person, your service would be most appreciated and long remembered. If I were giving the gift, I would offer, say, 12 hours of my time plus lunch on you , to such and such a place.

Alternatively, if you are not physically, emotionally, or logistically able, then a gift of a cleaning service when all the stuff is cleared out and the repairs made would be a huge relief. You want to help un-burden her, and I can sense that in your post. It's overwhelming in every way to go through a parent's possessions when they've passed. I'm fortunate that I have 3 sisters who have helped clear out much of my mom's stuff, but when the time comes to clear out my dad's to put his house on the market, I know for sure I will want all kinds of support.

A gift card for a 90 minute massage is something I would want. If she welcomes the touchy-feely, then by all means, give her that to look forward to.

You've known your friend for 30 years and I'm sure know what makes her feel cared for. Give her that.

Last edited by zozee; 11-25-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: typos