View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 07:19 PM
Bluelady

Hello all! It has been a long while since i popped in, but I just got the itch today! Had a few changes in my life.. lost my job on a Monday morning almost 2 years ago, that night an old ex boss called out of the blue and asked if I was interested in a job in Hawaii...That was a big fat yes! Did the whirlwind of interviews, back n forth to Hawaii, got the job, had to sell the house, kicked the kids out, sold or gave or tossed away 25 years of junk and stuff, shipped the important stuff to Hawaii (fabric stash comprised most of it!) Downsized from 1500 sq feet to a studio that is literally 11 x 15, plus a bathroom. At age 63. Because Hawaii had been a pipe dream of mine, I already had all the waiting period/quarantine and testing and certificates done for my dog.. So my dog and I moved to Oahu. haven't sewed since i got here. Hard to find the space in here. But it has become a priority. I need to be creative again.And winter months the snorkeling isn't as good. So i need a hobby to pass the time.
Errr.. sorry for the long post.....
I am excited to see all the boomerang blocks here! So glad this is still going! You all do such lovely work. I shall lurk about and if I get my sewing area set up, I may join the next one!

Last edited by Bluelady; 11-29-2019 at 07:21 PM.