View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 05:34 AM
Snooze2978

As I didn't get all my quilts quilted this year or finished putting together the ones I'd started, I'm hoping next year will be better. RIght now I have a baby quilt on the frame that has me in a bind as I'm using a different batting that has cause me tension issues. Thought it was my machine but after careful checking on every aspect of the machine, talking with my dealer, changing out things, resetting tension to factory setting, etc. it's come to my thinking its my batting and not my machine. My goal is to at least finish this little quilt before the year is out as the baby is due in January. I'm having roter cup surgery in early January so I'll be out of commission for a couple months, then the garden will need tending so I have my plate full. Right now I have 12 quilt tops hanging ready to be quilted, 5 quilt tops started to be made into blocks and assembled and 2 table runners started. That's a lot to try to finish up by the end of 2020 but that's my goal. So far I've only bought a couple fat qts to finish a quilt this year and since I didn't get the quilt tops finished I'd started I'm going for another year of no fabric buying. I still have 5 projects on the shelf with their fabrics picked out so its not like I'll need to buy more fabrics. It hasn't been a hardship for me except looking at the new fabrics has tested my willpower from time to time.