View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 07:11 AM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
Tonight, I'll try two quilts, no comforter. But I'm not expecting a miracle.

After reading back through these responses, I've come to this conclusion -- quilts, as many of us have known for a long time, have a mind of their own. They seem to get this trait from their Mothers, the fabric which makes them and which often 'talks' to the quilter who is helping them during birth. They have their own opinion about creativity and apparently have their own opinion about where they want to be; about traveling; about who will own them; about attracting 'friends' (also known as various pets of the household); and about how they will tolerate being washed.

I've sort of known these things, in the back of my mind, for a long time -- say 30 plus yrears -- but I now accept it as totally true. It does make the hair stand up on the back of my neck to realize that something so soft and comfy, made and given with love, can be as opinionated, stubborn, cantankerous, and downright annoying sometimes, as they are. One doesn't usually think of inanimate objects as having personality, but, as quilters and artists, we know better.
Creativity is alive!

Jan in VA (I'm just thankful they are not on my food bill!)