Old 12-31-2019, 07:49 PM
Judith1005

Originally Posted by LarasAussies View Post
While I can’t speak for quiltingboard, I do work in IT and can guarantee that in over 20 years of supporting systems, no one has ever upgraded/changed a website just “because”. It’s a pain. As Patrice said they had to change the version of VB. Normally this is because the older technology or version is no longer supported by the creator of the technology which means no more security patches and if there are issues they won’t help to resolve them anymore. Newer browser versions such as MS Edge and Chrome May not work with older technology and if you don’t get security updates then the websites are vulnerable to unethical individuals trying to access our information. Upgrades in technology are sometimes painful as the newer version just don’t work the same way anymore. It sounds like there are people working to resolve the issues for things that do not work. I am Sure those people like to get paid and the ads that we despise generate the revenue that pays them. I for one appreciate that they are working over the holidays and that the forums are still alive and free to us. We may just need to be patient while they get through the changes.
Thank you for explaining this in a way that even I can understand. I appreciate that you took the time to do this.

This is not the first time that the QB has undergone changes. And many including myself grumbled and complained. Your explanation was very illuminating.

Where this version is not as user friendly yet, it is somewhere in between what it used to be and what we just had. I do greatly miss the blogs as I went there everyday to chat with a few cyber friends. But, we found a way to continue until we see what happens here. I'm just grateful there is a place I can come to be with like minded quilters. I do have some of the same complaints as other. And, since they have been said over and over, I will keep my negativity to myself and watch to see what changes happen in the coming months.

To all that keep our quiltboard free of charge and free of hatefulness and negativity I thank you for your hard work.