View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 12:05 PM
Railroadersbrat

Default Designing Question - Cathedral Windows

Happy New Year, everyone!

Currently designing a few quilts that I'll be working on, hopefully this year and I have a couple of questions about the one I'm working on now - picture is below.

I'll be making this for my best friend as a surprise gift, or maybe I should say, she knows she has a quilt coming, she just doesn't know when or what it will be. I decided on the Cathedral Windows because it's such a beautiful quilt and since she's such a huge fan of purple, I'm going to be using that inside the windows.

The problem is the background. I thought originally about something larger than a lap quilt, she has this one bare wall that leads down into the second level of her home that she still does not know what to do with and they've lived at that place for almost eight years now, I thought what better way to use that space than to showcase a quilt. As much as I would love to give her this design with the gorgeous snowy white background, I'm not entirely sure that would be in the best interest of the quilt if I do a large wall hanging. She's a meticulous cleaner, but we all know dust settles in no matter how much we clean, I would hate to see the quilt start off white and then eventually turn yellow. She and her husband also smokes.

I think a true tan would probably dim down the vibrancy of the purples, maybe a tone on tone ivory? I'm just stuck, lol - any help would be appreciated. Currently have the quilt colored with a tone on tone cream, but it's still not doing it for me for some reason.
Attached Thumbnails image1.jpg