View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 11:55 PM
jbrother

Smile Destashing and Planning

Only sewers and quilters would understand what I am about to say. I kept trying to organize my sewing room, and found myself just moving stuff from pile to pile without really organizing it. I finally realized that I had about triple the amount of stuff that would fit in my small sewing room, as I inherited my mother's sewing room contents, so I had to destash to make room for organizing. I destashed my quilting stash as well as my clothing stash and donated to a local sewer who works with our Linus project and is also a clothing construction teacher in a local high school. It felt good for my precious stashes to be going to someone who could really use them, and I understand that they will be put to good use because many of the girls who take clothing construction cannot afford the fabrics to do their projects. We need to encourage the next generation of sewers, and this is my small way of doing it. Got rid of a bulky ironing board and iron, a sewing cabinet, tons of notions and myriad other things that I inherited from my mother's stash that I had been holding onto since her death...I finally let it go. A weight has been lifted, and I can now get organized and get back to sewing. I also purchased The Quilter's Planner so I can plan and track progress on all of my UFOs, hoping I will complete more in 2020.

Last edited by jbrother; 01-04-2020 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Add info