View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 03:53 AM
WMUTeach

Yesterday I vowed to dedicate 30 minutes to my sewing room. Well, as so often happens, 90 minutes later I found my carpet and the surface of my sewing table. Several projects are bagged,(Bonny Hunter Mystery, a baby quilt and the start of a future quilt for a niece) and put in the closet. Scraps are returned to their color bins, large pieces that were out for auditioning..... back to their color bin. Misc. tools, pins and "stuff" back to their places and two UFO's sitting out ready to be finished. Wozzers, did it feel good to make my space a work place rather than an archeological dig site. Now, I can safely begin to work again on new projects and finish what is already started or planned. A new year is such a good thing. Whoo Hoo!

To those of you who are feeling overwhelmed, I found that simply folding up my ironing board cleared space. I understand it's use, but I was using it as a place to just toss stuff rather than putting the "stuff" away. My little ironing board, that old TV Tray, is all that I need for pressing quilt pieces. It was a good first step to clearing out my "diggs".