View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 06:41 AM
LisaInOhio

Thanks to everyone for the ideas so far! I do have some discomfort now with ironing, but after this surgery, I will do that with my left hand just enough to press seams as needed. I will definitely take it easy and ease back into it. We are actually taking a 4 day trip out of town (8 days post op) to see friends just so I don't go stir crazy, lol. I am just trying to prepare a few projects so I have them ready when and if I am ready to sew. Especially knowing that I will have surgery on my left hand soon as well. I just want to be stocked up and ready.
I have lots of pre cuts but just looking for patterns to use them without having to cut midway. I have some strings but probably not enough to get me very far as I have only been quilting for less than a year. I like the idea of trying to kit up a log cabin pattern. Here are a couple I have ready so far:
-Jelly roll drag race
-Panel quilt I'm adding multiple borders to (this one will require some cutting here and there in steps, will be later doing it)
-HST Around the world. I just finished trimming last HST and I'm laying it out today to kit up in rows to sew.
I'm also thinking of cutting up a 1/2 hexie quilt from either charm squares or layer cake squares, so those will be ready to just sew together in rows.
I am definitely a fan of Missouri star and Jordan Fabric tutorials, But I have watched so many that I forget which ones don't require a lot of cutting in the process. Thanks again to all of you who are giving me ideas. Much appreciated!