View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 08:51 AM
juliasb

Default A great day for quilting...

Today is the kind of day that is perfect for sewing and quilting. The weather is bad. Right now it is raining and we are expecting an ice storm later this evening. The only thing I might need is sherbert for DH. If necessary we will do without. I am not going out in this heavy rain. The front yard is flooding already and it will only get worse as the day goes on.
So the best thing to do is something I love doing. Right now I am cutting out a new quilt block using my new Accuquilt Me. I am in the middle of making an Apple Core quilt top and am cutting out the Tumbler Block. This is so easy it is hard to believe! It is giving me the opportunity to make patterns I would have never attempted before.
I am about 2/3's of the way done with the Apple Core top and can come and lay on the be with DH to pin each row before going out to stitch it onto the primary quilt top. So today will be a quilty day for me. I couldn't even get through this message without going back to my cutting board!
If any of you are having this nasty weather are you having a quilty day to keep warm like I am??