View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 06:53 PM
thrums

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
How cold does she get in the summer? My mom needs some extra warmth all year long. In my younger days when I was making aprons, I would use a poly-cotton. It doesn't get as wrinkled as pure cotton and won't need ironing. Before you buy anything, hold it up and see if it is see-through. I am assuming you will be a single layer for a summer apron. I searched for "Apron for a wheelchair" and I had no idea they made the aprons out of so many different types of material. Some even had plastic on them and were waterproof. Some had extra pockets for phone and other stuff. Some went up onto the chest. You have opened my eyes to possibilities. I hope someone has real info to share with you.
Thank you for your reply. After I wrote the original message, I realized some polyester would be needed to prevent wrinkling. Summer temps are 70's - 90's. I was thinking of using duck or something a little bit lighter. Her lap pill table will give her some warm.

Unfortunately, I don't have much available to me locally regarding a medium weight fabric. I'll probably have to order online.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-29-2020 at 09:12 AM. Reason: remove extra blank lines