View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 10:24 PM
Tothill

Default Had so much fun tonight

My family is not really into sports. I watch 2 hockey games every 4 years, the Olympic Gold Medal Games and that is about it.

My son came home for the weekend unexpectedly and a friend posted on Facebook about a local Junior A Hockey game that was on tonight. Apparently our local team and the team from 30 miles away were neck in neck in the standings with only a few games left in the season.

I asked my son if he wanted to go. He hemmed and hawed, but in the end decide to go with me. It was fantastic. Now remember neither of us follow sports and I only know the rules from what I remember of fiend hockey back in the 1980's. Yes, I know they are not the same sport.

I do not think I have laughed so hard in months. We were interviewed by the local TV station, they were asking people how often the came to the games, they were happy to talk to people how had never been to a hockey game before. Firs they asked my son his first impression and he said, "well it is really loud, like really loud, I know when one of the teams scored, because it is louder then." I could not stop laughing, because it was true, the reported was laughing too. This was between the 2nd and 3rd periods. I laughed through the rest of the game.

Sometimes it is important to do something different, even if it is something you do not think you will enjoy. We were surprised at how much fun we had. The tickets were only $14 each, so basically the cost of going to the movies.

Oh and the local team won 4 to 2, so they are now #1 in the standings.