Old 01-28-2020, 11:27 AM
BonnieJP

Originally Posted by mkc View Post
I'm curious if you had had an opportunity to try the new HQ Capri as well. It also has the stitch regulator sensors built into the table, but placed a little differently than the Juki. Both machines have the same SPI - not sure, does Juki's regulator also have "cruise" mode?

I learned last week that Innova has discontinued their sit down, which had the sensors in the table as well. While there are a couple of demos/store units still out there, I wouldn't want to buy a product they (Innova) might not be able to support in a few years (should they stop stocking the sensor parts, which are unique to the sit down).

Michelle
I did not test the HQ Capri, but I did test a HQ Simply 16, a Quinque, and Janome Artistic Quilter SD, and of course, the Juki Miyabi. I chose the Miyabi because:
  1. The stitch regulator is in the needle plate (where the actual stitching is done)
  2. It has an 18" throat with 10" high clearance
  3. The table is heavy duty
  4. It offers the choice of manual, cruise, precise, and basting modes
  5. Many of the Quilting Board members give the Juki machines very positive ratings and I couldn't really find any negative ratings when I googled the machine
  6. The machine is made in Japan with a servo motor, like those on Juki's industrial machines
  7. I have firsthand experience with the service provided by the dealer I purchased the machine from. Their service is absolutely awesome. They have been in business for more than 40 years and provide a 6-month warranty on all sewing machine/service repairs. In addition to throwing in the table side extensions and Teflon table top, the dealer delivered the machine and table to my home and set it up free of charge.