Thread: Stash Question
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 04:57 AM
rryder

I have a moderate sized stash, probably between 500 and 600 yards of fabric that is fat quarter sized or larger plus about 200 yards of processed scraps. I consider anything smaller than a 10” square or strip to be a scrap and “process them by cutting into sizes that I typically use. I do a lot of improvisational piecing and like scrappy quilts, so this works for me. I also save strings for string quilting, selvages for selvage projects, crumbs for crumb quilting and pieces too small to sew the traditional way that I use to make new fabric and scarves. I don’t toss any fabric, no matter how small. I manage the size of my stash and scraps by designating specific containers for them and when the containers are getting too full I have to make them into something before starting anything new. My stash and the way I manage it has evolved through time and will probably change again as my quilting journey continues.

what I do at this moment works for me since I enjoy the challenge of working with bit and pieces. I also shop my stash first for all my projects.

Rob