View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 05:04 PM
Kaity

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Your TATW colors are beautiful, and the center of the quilt looks very flat. I don't know if it's an optical illusion because of the angle of the picture, but the squares in the outer rounds look bigger than those in the center. That would definitely cause the quilt not to lay flat. You're right that the problem needs to be solved before you add more to the quilt. I would first start measuring the squares to see if the size has changed. If it has, you may need to take off the outer sections and perhaps use them in another quilt, or for the back of this one. I can't even imagine the amount of work you've put in hand piecing. The waviness looks like more than the fabric stretching to me, especially given that the center looks so wonderful.
You are right! I guess that's what I get for "eyeballing" my 1/4" seam allowance :-(. OMG I'm so frustrated. I would literally be better starting over at this point as only about the first quarter of the quilt are actually 1" squares. . I guess lesson learned. Take the time to starch and mark sewing lines to begin with ....

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-17-2020 at 02:09 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps