View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 07:44 AM
Iceblossom

I went out today on my shopping expedition, forgot to check flour/yeast at Safeway. Safeway still low on a lot of things, no cottage cheese but lots of other dairy and the were stocking eggs when I got there so got 2 dozen -- hubby does a lot of omelets and stuff. They did have fresh chicken in stock but limit 2. The rest of the meat cases were sparsely filled, but that's better than empty. Cleaning supplies mostly gone still, they did have about 8 small containers of hand sanitizers.

There are signs that "As an extra precaution" measure, no self serve anything. So they have bagels in six packs and individual donuts prepacked into baggies/containers. My store has a chicken wing counter thing, empty at this time but apparently will be prepackaged quantities only.

I chatted with a few of the regular employees, they are holding up but under a lot of stress, those that are working are working a lot of hours to make up for those that aren't. They say that people are actually maybe behaving a little better now than they were at first.

At my bargain market where I buy my veggies (Saars for those in the area) there was lots of yeast! Fleishmann, Red Star, Store brand, in packets and jars, regular and fast acting. But there was no wheat flour except for one last (over priced for that store) whole wheat of some sort. There were still some specialty flours in the Bob's Red Mill display.