View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 10:27 AM
NJ Quilter

Default Twister tool question

So...I purchased a kit a couple of weeks ago from my LQS. I'm not normally a kit person but thought this particular one would be a fun, relatively easy project to do while under lock down. It's a cute little whimsical winter wall hanging utilizing the mini twister tool (included in kit).

The LQS obviously cut the required fabrics. And, of course, straight off the bolt. In a number of cases, I am short of fabric. I can sort of work with that. Since the fabrics were cut straight from the bolt and to within threads of the required size, there is zero room for cutting mistakes. I can work with that as well.

The pattern calls for all the blocks to be cut 4.5" square. Well, that's not always possible because of how the fabric was cut from the bolt in many cases. For the background fabrics, for example, I'm 19 blocks short for this wallhanging! Ok. Make the whole thing smaller.

Or....can I adjust the block size to say 4" square and still use the same tool??? I've never used the twister tool so not really sure how important the initial cut size is when using this tool. Obviously, if I make the initial cut squares smaller I'm still going to end up with a smaller project but I think the overall layout will be more cohesive.

Here is a link to the pattern. https://www.penningtonquilts.com/cgi...es=0&lastmenu=

Thanks for any help anyone is able to offer.