View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 12:30 PM
Tothill

My son is fully recovered, but was laid off from work. He has moved back home with me. As he has lived away for 10 months, he was excited to have some of his favourite meals. We are planning our meals 10 days ahead of time.

I am lucky to have 2 freezers full of meat and still have about 60 pounds of blueberries, so we will not go hungry anytime soon. We alternate chicken with red meat and switch up the starch with each meal. We both love flavour, so we have Italian, Mexi, Indian, Thai variations on the calendar.

Friday is easy, it is Pizza night. The deli in the grocery store is closed, but there is a local deli that is open and we placed an order yesterday to pick up our toppings. My son makes the dough, I roll it (I have never figured out how to throw it), he places his toppings on, I transfer it to the Pizza Stone, whiles his cooks, I put the toppings on mine.

Tomorrow night is Steak, Guinness and Cheddar Meat Pie. A Jamie Oliver Recipe that I ex husband found, my son makes this yummy meal. We have stewing beef from a local farm. Sometimes we forget about the pie crust and just have it as aa stew on mashed spuds.

Sunday is probably going to be a Chicken Enchilada Casserole. None of the local stores have any Enchilada sauce, so I will have to make my own.

I was happy to find a 10 kg bag of flour last week at the grocery store, they had just been delivered a pallet of flour. I was only able to get a 4 kg bag of sugar, but as there was none to be found last week I was happy to have it.