View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 07:35 AM
Iceblossom

I realize it doesn't have any real weight, but as one of the first people in the thread on lock down, I'm pretty sure I gave us all a one time "no being bothered by 'Blossom" flu shopping exemption a month or so ago. Just one! Thread and elastic don't count and only you have to confess if something other than your one exemption is used...

I'm doing well, yes I could do with a good dollop of retail therapy but am enjoying the Minion project even if it isn't what my original mental image was, that's what happens when Minions come on the scene and yay me for sticking with the stash even though Joann is still open and just down the street. Goodwill, my usual Sunday fabric expedition is (as we say around here), "closed for the duration" so I have no fabric coming in.

Think I'm going to do a horse variation on that Simplish design next. One of the pieces I got from the Walmart $1/yard sale last year was specifically for the back of a donation horse-themed project. I've got some desert with hoof prints on it for the framing of the squares and rectangles. I put it in my box of "not quite projects yet" fabrics I made last year, but most of it needs pre-washing. Fabric washing might be good for Monday, hubby is home this weekend and will probably tie up the laundry some today.

I'm looking forward to get back to quilting with my scraps and small pieces, but I am stressed and scattered a bit right now and think mostly I just need to give myself some structure and schedule -- and so saying that, I need to go back and trim the last of my Minion blocks before I cut those additional 6 I decided to make. That's today's little goal, trim the completed blocks and fussy cut the center blocks (no good motifs left) for the additional 6. I should get a bit past that I would hope but I like to make sure I do get to goal first!