View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 03:39 AM
BeckyPhillips

Exclamation I have a Babylock Jazz II

My husband surprised me with a Babylock Jazz II last May (2019). I was so excited to get it and have enjoyed sewing with it. However, it's been in the shop once since purchase because occasionally it continues sewing even after taking my foot off the pedal. Sometimes it will go 3 more stitches, sometimes it will do as many as 8 or 9 more stitches. The first time it did it, it scared me to death!

My cousin is a sewing machine repairman and said this machine was not really manufactured by Babylock. He wouldn't say it outright, but I believe he alluded to it being made by Singer. Singer used to be the best of the best in sewing machines, but now with all the plastic parts, and subpar manufacturing practices, this machine is now nothing but trouble.

My machine is still under warranty and I took it to the shop yesterday for a second time for them to look at it again before it goes out from under the one year warranty. It's doing the same thing - sewing for 3 to 8 stitches after I lift my foot off the pedal. This is very dangerous. They believe there's possibly something wrong with the computer inside of it. I'm extremely disappointed. It still sews, but it scares me a little bit, not to mention it being annoying by sewing further than I wanted it to on each line.