View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 06:10 AM
Iceblossom

The way the mystery was designed this year, it gave us a ton of extra pieces deliberately left over... I ended up making additional blocks out of mine and then putting them on the back of the quilt. It was basically enough partial pieces to make a crib/lap sized project. In my case, the fabrics were very distinctive and were not going to play well with others. To make your designed leftovers into full blocks mostly you need some additional 4-patches.

Not remembering your fabrics, Terry, but the sub-units are reasonable pieces that can be recombined or mixed with others into various combinations, especially if you like Bonnie's style.

Ugh, so much fabric went through my hands with Frolic, and all those little unused pieces. I went into a "hangover" after completing my top (still no ideas how to quilt it), took me almost 2 months to recover and clean up my cutting area and fabric storage and before I was ready to start something new again. When I put together my crumbs to send to my crumb quilter you can usually tell my projects by the strata in the box... had so many little frolic trims they went into a small bag of their own, in addition to the bits and pieces left from cutting that were layered.