View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 08:50 PM
quiltingcandy

It doesn't surprise me there is a shortage right now. But it might also because some folks are stuck where they are and their machines are at home. A friend of mine is stuck here in So. Cal. - she came to help her 93 yr. old mother when the stay home order came out and her DH is stuck in AZ. He has health issues and they would have to quarantine apart anyway. So she is still here with her mom. Also, some have gotten their machines out of storage and found various problems. My FW looks like the belt could give when I least want it to so I bought a spare. When I did my repair guy showed me one he had just replaced - it was so dried out it was in the permanent shape it held in the machine. I try to run my machines at least once a year. My 15-91 my mother gave me went about 15 years without being turned on so my mom had it serviced before she gave it to me. And the leather belt on my 1925 treadle was so brittle when I got it that I had to replace it before I could use it. My grandmother was fairly sure it hadn't been touched in 50 years.