View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 03:30 AM
Iceblossom

I've gotten distracted again by mask making and other things. This week I've been putting together some thrift store tops I've bought and putting them together with backs to give to a beginning long armer for practice pieces.

Today's project maybe should have been done a day or two ago, but I was enjoying some time out of the sewing room. Just a simple small scrappy rail fence top I picked up at the thrift store for I think $1.99, but I decided off with its original border (a 2" flimsy poly blend green solid), it needed another row of blocks, and put on a border. Is funny but I have several of the fabrics including one very noticeable one so I don't think my added blocks will look added. I pulled the fabrics and cut the pieces yesterday, should be fast once I sit down to do it.

Since the last virtual weekend, my vintage machine has returned from the shop and I am again sewing on it instead of my little cheapo Brother. It feels so good to have a sewing machine that stays where I put it instead of chasing that Brother like it was a loose dog!

The Bernina is still in the (other) shop. They just re-opened and say it will be about a month before it will be ready.