Old 06-10-2020, 10:36 AM
tallchick

It’s taken me 11 days to download 121 classes & associated materials and an additional 100.00 in order to save said classes because of the immense amount of space needed. I purchased a terabyte of storage space from Amazon to back up the classes, in addition to a 2 terabyte external hard drive to store them on once the backup is done, this will also store all my patterns etc. I found Amazon had the best price for storage space, it’s a slow process for the backup and we are on day 2, I hope it’s done soon!

I see no updates yet as to how they plan to handle their closing, it would be wonderful if the original owners of Craftsy would bring back the old platform, which I adored! I highly recommend those that have several classes and wish to keep them, to begin the process of downloading them, and to not wait to see if they will be doing anything for their customers. However, Murphy’s law dictates that now that I have done all this, it will all be for naught as Murphy dictates that they will announce they have a buyer and things will continue as before 🤪.

I still have the old Craftsy App for my IPad and iPhone, I really hope that they will continue to support the app, as it’s how I view my classes. Either way, I’m really sad to see this platform go, as someone who’s not a fan of in person classes, this was a perfect way for me to learn new skills and techniques.