Thread: First Quilt
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 04:04 PM
CaleyH

I just finished trying to true up all the blocks I created. Out of 36 blocks, I probably had six that might have passed the experienced quilters standards. Those six were the only truly square, and properly sized blocks. I ended up truing one side, then adjusting one side, and cutting that. Once I had two trued sides, I was able to remove 1/8 inch or less from the other two sides to get the remaining blocks the same size.

Orientation of the strips within those blocks is a tiny bit off because I apparently cannot sew straight. So much for my thinking I had found the proper way to hold the fabric while putting it through the sewing machine.

Looks like I will have to create another dozen or so blocks to ensure I have enough of the correct size to finish my small quilt front

Not sure why I cannot manage to create square blocks like most quilters. Could be bad lighting, or just my poor eyesight, or a combination of both, as well as still not knowing how to feed the fabric through the machine. Will keep trying. Maybe something will dawn on me, and I will get things going correctly.