View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 01:18 PM
gillyo

I was traveling last week and shopped at Joann's, Hobby Lobby, and Craft Warehouse. The Joann's was fairly well stocked and I picked up two half yard pieces for $6 total. I loved both patterns but the quality was very different. I work small and do a lot of scrappy quilts so the quality isn't a huge issue, but I don't understand beautiful prints on terrible fabric. It's such a waste!

I found much better quality at Hobby Lobby but was disappointed at the 25% discount. It used to be 30%. I was able to get some canvas prints for outdoor pillows on clearance so I walked away happy.

I had heard great things about Craft Warehouse so I stopped at the one in Medford, OR, conveniently next to a Joanns. I was so disappointed. The fabric was in flat folds at locations throughout the store so it was hard to look through, but the worst was that the fabric was really dated and at $7.99 a yard seemed pricy to me. I'd seen the same fabrics online for $4.99 a yard. The store was also dark, junked up, and frankly, not very clean. I won't go back.

I'm waiting and hoping that our LQS will reopen soon. I was able to do curbside pickup with them, but now they're closed with no sign of reopening. I'm afraid that we're going to lose a lot of local quilt shops. So sad.