View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 04:00 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Our last meeting was very early March and we've done Zoom meetings since--our President has done a great job with that and we get about 1/3 of the members join the Zoom and then since she videos it, other go to it later when they have more time. Interestingly, a couple of our members that have not been able to attend either our morning meeting or evening meeting due to work (nurses) are joining us on Zoom! So that is a nice benefit and one reason that I really think in the future our guild will continue to video the meetings and post on our private FB page. We did meet at a local park for a bring your lawn chair and sack dinner and stay distant meeting--we had again about 1/3 of normal attendance, but another dozen on Zoom. I am presenter for the Oct. meeting and have said that if we are back to our meeting space (which means only about about 20 of the normal 60 in the morning meeting would be able to attend due to restricts) I will only come in when they let me know that ready for program, wear a mask and then leave immediately afterward--or we can just video it. we meet in a very old community center and air quality is not the best even when we are not in a pandemic!