View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 08:35 AM
Hushnel

I had a Honda 305 Dream back in collage. I grew up with Harleys, not owning, just all the military guys rode them. Dad rode one back when I was born in San Antonio, he was in the AP at the time.

I’ve been putzing around with my 1929 99 this morning. It’s got the knee control built into the coffin case, the knee bar, power cord and oil can store in the top. No reverse on this one.

I’m planning on taking some Quilting classes at the local yarn store. I could certainly stand to learn more about technique, sitting on all these cool machines it’s a good idea to network with those that appreciate them. Around here, huge quilting culture, the Feather Weight is highly regarded. I’m looking at my 3 301s trying to figure out if I could actually part with even one of them.

My problem is any on these old singers when I sit down to use them I think how great they are, smooth and powerful and they are gettin harder and harder to find. Most are not interested in the transverse or vibrating shuttle, but they are such great examples of early sewing machines.

The Wertheim for instance what an amazing machine.