View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 05:26 PM
Rose_P

Originally Posted by Irishrose2 View Post
Darling dresses. I have a new GGD. I visited yesterday. I had just come from a surgeon's office, so I washed my hands well when I arrived and had the mother place her on a receiving blanket on my chest. She was very alert and gently fell asleep. A little sweetheart!
This is sweet. Congratulations! Hope you get lots of time with her. We got to see our granddaughter only for one visit right before the beginning of March. We are being extremely careful because my son who lives near us is diabetic. We have seen them with the 10-yr-old across a room and with masks a few times. Miss hugs! The other son's family, with the baby and 4-year old, live in Houston, which is a major hotspot right now. We can't take any risks with anyone's health, especially in Houston because they are running short of facilities and supplies to deal with the influx of patients.

It's challenging to even drive the five hours without stopping for a restroom, and every possible contact is risky right now, for us as well as the rest of our family. The daughter lives in St. Louis and works in a hospital. She is involved with research, not treating patients, but the people she works with in the study are all high risk because of their illness and the medications they take. I think we're all just going to be apart until there's a vaccine or some other convincing resolution. I just keep reminding myself that people in the past got through much worse than this many times, or at least enough of them did that we're here to know about it. And not that long ago someone like a soldier might have to wait for weeks for just a letter. We are lucky in many ways.