View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 05:10 AM
Cattitude

Another nice one WMU Teach! Great job as usual creating a lovely top from stash.

On my end, I slipped up a bit......Clicked place order on Friday. 3 purchases were needs, 2 notions plus a black batik for an ongoing project.

Now for the indulgences! I have been resisting a fabric with corgi dogs all year and finally gave in and ordered a yard. My niece is corgi crazy and I plan to make a simple tote and a couple of masks for her. I also ordered a snowman panel. I do not need anymore snowman fabric, and do not know what I am going to with it so that one is a definite fail!

To finish things off I gave in to the Daily Deal and ordered 2 cute charm packs of blenders with pins on them. I plan on making a small wall hanging for my sewing room sometime down the road.

My guilt is tempered by the fact that I have completed 17 tops this year, all from stash and when required, in/out purchases. I have several more on the go and kitted up. My goal is to complete 8-10 more before the end of the year.

My stash was not large and the cupboards are looking quite bare now. That makes me feel relieved, not sad. Having all that fabric with no plans created much anxiety and I am happy to be using it. I believe this exercise will have a permanent effect on my buying habits and that is a good thing!