View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 05:41 AM
SuziSew

Originally Posted by tropit
Thanks everyone! You won't believe it. I went to town today and did the shopping. I treated myself to a couple of quilting magazines, (which I do about once every 3 or 4 years.) They were sealed in plastic, so I had no idea what was in them. The issue 62 of Today's Quilter has a big spread on these kinds of quilts! Oh lucky me! They are calling them, "Millefiori," quilts and Willyne Hammerstein is the designer. I love all of them. If any of you have that magazine, please look it up. I wanna make one of those. I'll have to look up her book.

Thanks for that video, Barb.

~ C
Hi tropit. I noticed in a couple of posts that you mentioned the Millefiori quilts. Just so you know these are very different than OBW's. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but a millefiori is usually a english paper piecing project. They do have the kaleidoscope look, which I do like, but it's all hand piecing (maybe I'll save this for retirement!)

If you are on Facebook, there is a group for one block wonder quilts only. Not only lots of pictures posted, but they also have tips and techniques in PDF format.

Good luck!