Thread: I'm blocked! ;)
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 08:32 AM
MarcieStone

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Hiya Marcie, I'm not from Michigan but before he moved out here to Seattle to be with me, Hubby grew up in the Grand Rapids area. It's funny that for the last couple of years one of the on-line shops I go to is the small Michigan chain of Fields Fabrics.

If I'm understanding modern baby care, "they" don't want anything in the crib under age one, wrap the baby in a sleeper and call it good so you do have a little bit of grace time for your project.

I do drape my fabric in my living spaces until it speaks to me... to be stationary in my house means you eventual get covered with fabric just like moss in a rain forest.

I can understand getting overwhelmed, you might try doing a search on "3 yard quilt patterns" (or 5), and see if anything like that speaks to you. We can help you size it for baby if you find something you like.

Funny...the baby, who is my great-granddaughter, lives in Allendale! Her mom, my eldest granddaughter, went to Grand Valley! You're right, until she's older, the quilt is for decor or tummy time!