Thread: I'm blocked! ;)
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 11:20 AM
LisaInOhio

Originally Posted by MarcieStone View Post
I didn't purchase the entire range of fabrics in the Rue 1800 because my GD nixed the grays, so I bought fat quarters in 4 of the small pink florals and 4 of the green plus yardage of an ivory with tiny soft pink dots (Essential Dots by Moda) and yardage of the gorgeous tone on tone pink floral for the backing. Additionally, I have a few fabrics leftover from projects that I may use. I tried to figure out how to make that second quilt pattern work with my limited palette (pinks, greens, ivory) and I was having a hard time...mainly because I have a really difficult (if not impossible) time doing random placement! I like symmetry and order! Can I pick your brain? Do you think it would look good if I did all the sawtooth stars in the pinks and all the 9 patch in greens? And if I did that, should the border triangles still be pink? That's what I would prefer but I'm worried the whole quilt would read too much pink. Thanks for helping!
Sorry for the delay in answering. I was working and wanted to take the time to google the specific fabrics to try to picture your vision before answering. I think that would be beautiful (pink stars, green "between" blocks) and I don't think it would be too much pink if you used pink in the edges. I think all the background plus the greens would break it up enough to give contrast, and it would be soft and very pretty. But I see from subsequent posts that you are considering the banner one instead. Either will be gorgeous, and I can't wait to see what you do with it!