View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 06:50 AM
Iceblossom

The guild most of the members of my small group belong to is still meeting, formerly they met at a large senior center but that has been closed to them. Think they are out side in a church parking lot currently.

We are discussing what to do with the small group when the rain and cold start, we are currently meeting outside. In the old days we were shoulder to shoulder around a large dining room table. I don't know if one of the ladies will ever feel comfortable in that sort of environment again, even masked. Our hostess also needs to take extra precautions due to her husband's health. From my understanding, our group size would be allowed at the library when and if the meeting rooms open again, but that regular groups are discouraged and you can't reserve the room for more than 3 times at a time, with a limit on how far in advance they take the reservations.

We do have a local park with covered shelters and parking semi-nearby, that might help but it would be pretty miserable on a windy day, not to mention one of the ladies really isn't too walking stable over rough ground.

Last year/early this year I was thinking of renting the party room at the local bowling alley on a weekly basis, opening it up for craft night on my husband's league night. That's not allowed to us at the current time either and currently restaurants aren't allowed to sit people from different households at the same table so maybe we could get 6 in the room each at a table...