Thread: Clover clips
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 11:25 AM
mac

During one of the 109 degrees day, here in California, I was binding an antique wool quilt for a friend. The binding was thin wool and boy did it shred. Unfortunately I didn't think to use pinking shears to cut out the wool binding. I fought that wool binding with all the strings and shredding until I thought I would trash that quilt in the garbage can. The owner wanted the binding done in a single layer, so I pretty much had to fight the shredding of the binding on both sides of the quilt. The only thing that helped keep me sane was my off-brand clips (I don't have any Clover clips). It was a large quilt and I ran out when I got to the last side and had to use straight pins. I did the straight pinned side first and the pins bit and scratched me the whole way. The quilt was very heavy and no matter what I did the pins stuck me. I was so glad to get to the sides with the clips. I will never use straight pins again for the binding. Nor will I ever bind or make a wool quilt. It was 'one and done.'

Just so you know, the cheap clips that I purchased in the cute little cans and some without the cute little can, they do indeed have line markings on them just like the clover ones.