View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 07:58 AM
OurWorkbench

Default September 2020 Colorado Sewing Machine Enthusiasts Meeting - Part 6

Janey

Janey got a motor and light for the Singer 319 which replace a black motor and broken lamp that had been previously placed on the machine just to get it working. Now it is all color coordinated. She says:

The 319 came into the herd originally in 2014. It had a broken motor, light, the controller had been hard wired to the back of the plug and had no power cord. The next day a Japanese machine with a Brother motor was found and purchased to put the motor on the 319. I had a black power cord that would work. John switched it out and a controller bag was made. I also ordered some bobbins and needles for it and it was put on a shelf.

Well, last month on my birthday, JoeJr posted a picture of a green motor, light & power cord that sure appeared to be like the ones that belonged on a 319. As it turns out, Joe didn't have any green machines and I was able to purchase them.

He packed them extremely well. I did a little cleaning and realized that I hadn't really cleaned the machine. I cleaned some on the machine - still some places that need some work, but better than it was. John was able to wire the controller to the power plug which had the controller wires cut inside the plug and switched out the light and motor.

Pictures of the original motor (gone after Brother motor put on) with tag, the cut wires, the front of the machine, the back of the machine and the motor tag.

jj_1original-longgone.jpg

jj_2cutcordplug.jpg

jj_3front-w-acces.jpg

jj_4back-w-new.jpg

jj_5newmotor-ready2sew.jpg

In Closing

Thank you for reading. We will post again next month. Until then, everyone please stay safe and well.