View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 06:53 AM
Motorcyclemad

Default Second sampler done-Finally!

I finally got ten days to myself, so I was able to do what I wanted. I was finally able to get this second Saturday sampler done. After 6 more months, this one is finally done-just in time for this year's sampler (at least I am keeping up with this year). I also got three strip quilts done and 6 moratorium quilts (not UFOs).

I am not getting the pictures to load, so I quoted the original post that does have pics for the sampler. This one is a pastel batik version. Hopefully, I can get pictures to load later. I also noticed that in the original post, I said that these were 4 months old. They are 4 YEARS old.

Originally Posted by Motorcyclemad View Post
This has been on hold for 4 months. This is a saturday sampler from the LQS. I have a second one that is the same design-different colorway. This one took so long to finish, because I wanted it larger than it was supposed to originally finish. I had been looking at it for the last three weeks. The last two borders were giving me "Fits". It has biased edges on every square, so you can imagine the aggravation. Even with tons of starch. No matter what I calculated according to the material, it did not come out right... Ugh! That is coming from an engineer so you see my frustration. It is together now, so hopefully I have learned enough to get the second one done.

The second picture shows the pieced border and corner.