View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 07:01 PM
Peckish

I don't see why we should ditch people from our family just because they couldn't get along with their spouse. I have a friend who used to be my brother's wife, I absolutely adored her and was devastated when they got divorced. I spent 20 years developing a relationship with her, I saw no reason to end it simply because she and my brother got divorced. So now we're "friends". 🥰

On the other hand, I also adored my mother-in-law, made 3 quilts for her (one at her request) and recently learned that she has given 2 of them away. The one she asked me to make for her was a queen-sized Irish chain with a lovely applique border, she picked out the pattern and fabrics 5 years ago, it took me 2 years to make it and have it quilted, then I sent it to her. I found out about 2 months ago she gave it to my 2 year old great-niece (I'd already made a quilt for the niece). What is a 2-year old going to do with a queen size quilt?? I was so hurt by this. Meanwhile my own mother has only one quilt I've made for her and treasures it. Guess I know who to give my quilts to going forward.