Old 10-12-2020, 05:14 AM
MarcieStone

Interesting...recently, my DD was doing a house flip and was told by the current owner she could take whatever she wanted. The late, previous owner was a sewer and owned several machines and because I've sewn since I was 12, DD thought I might know something about them. Even though she told me I could keep them, the plan was for me to test them out and then sell them on Ebay because she could use the cash...among them were 2 sergers (which I have never used before) and were a bit intimidating, but after doing some internet research, I discovered they were fun to use! I would have kept one if I hadn't promised to sell them. Then there was the Bernina 1008. I'd been sewing on a very nice Husqvarna for 20 years and I loved all the bells and whistles she had, but I hated the fact that if I sped up the stitches got smaller, so the first time I fired up that Bernina, the angels sang! I could go as fast as I wanted and the stitches stayed exactly where I set them! The Bernina is a basic mechanical machine with no computerized built-in fancy stitches but I love it! Kept it, sold my Husqvarna and gave DD the money.